PS1 Hagrid isn’t in it so I ain’t buying also no Quidditch either. Also the game only has 26 spells, even Morrowind had 80 (not counting the spellcrafting system)
Morrowind with both Tribunal and Bloodmoon has 277 pre-made spells across 119 unique spell effects and 6 schools of magic ![]()
Actually those 277 are different from ones than you’d normally buy from spell sellers. Those are from birthsigns, shrines and quest rewards. Not sure how many pre-made spells that can be bought are there but it can’t be only 80 since there are ~40 spells only in Alteration ![]()
Maybe it was Skyrim’s spell count (or the base game, you are counting the DLCs) either way pretty much all of the notable Elder Scrolls games have more spells that the fucking Wizarding World. You have even less if you want to be a good wizard and not use the Geneva Suggested spells the game has. (The game has no morality system according to the devs so you can go nuts with the no-no spells.)
Oblivion is infamous thanks to the the removal of the Levitation spell because major cities are in a different game cell than the wilderness. The devs came up with the “Levitation Act” for the lore which banned it’s use and it’s baffling when you think that an evil necromancer like the King of Worms or hell, even Mehrunes Dagon’s invasion army had to follow this rule ![]()
I meant the Forbidden Spells from the Harry Potter but it is nice that the might Cyrodil Empire devoted time to banning flying.
cues my OP Custom Spells I made in Morrowind that definitely would be made illegal
Three Bud Heavy. Had a long long day. 9+ flight hours in a 13 hour work day. Terrible beer but just what I needed tonight.
Posted this in the Nintendo thread, but UK supermarket chain Tesco are doing a clearance sale of their Nintendo Switch consoles and games. Guessing they’re going to do less video game sales, which makes sense since their prices have never been competitive.
Went to my local branch hoping to see if they had any Switch games left on offer but unsurprisingly they were all gone. But I picked up the PS5 version of Horizon Forbidden West for £15, which is pretty great. Probably won’t be able to play it for over a month since my PS5 is in storage, but hey, will be nice to get around to it at some point.
Bought 2 things about horrible monsters: Stephen King’s IT and Kirby and the Forgotten Land.
that first sentence made me think you bought hogwarts legacy
Context Time.
A while back when I was 13 my father and I spent the day looking for a specific game I really wanted. Such game was Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater. We ended up going to numerous GameStops without much luck until we got to one at this shopping center in PA that had a Goodwill, Home Depot, McDonalds, and Walmart if memory serves me right. I of course got the game I wanted, it was a late birthday present. Unfortunately the game came in a blank 3DS Case with no Manual.
After years of shrugging it off, I bought a high quality reproduction of the cover that I’ll beable to slip onto the blank case.
The reason behind this purchase is to simply start putting the final touches on my DS Game Collection which consists of stuff I had as a kid and I’m excited to finally not have a blank case on my shelf now.
I recently checked out the Death Stranding video from Eurothug4000, a high quality video game essayist, IMO.
It goes over her many admirations of the game’s themes, gameplay, design, writing, hidden details and more. Very well-done stuff and I liked how she broke down a lot of the story concepts in the game – something that is very complex, but ultimately impressively cohesive as she describes it as a massive puzzle that fits together if you look at the big picture.
I didn’t totally understand everything she was talking about as its been about 2 years since I played DS, but it scratched at that love I also have of the game, so I finally caved in and bought my PS5 upgrade to the Death Stranding Director’s Cut (w/Digital Deluxe edition bonus)!
I’ve been longing to jump back into that world, its meditative gameplay, and fantastic vistas, and can finally do so in its most definitive version. I half want to replay the game from the start, to re-experience the intensely long story, but I’ll stick to my endgame save file for now and see what all that New Content is about
She’s not brand new (2020), but less than 9000 miles and just in perfect condition.
And she fits in our parking spot. Probably should have checked that first actually ![]()
Congrats on the new purchase! I’m a bit suprised, kinda thought you had a preference for public transport. But she’s looking lovely. ![]()
will do most the driving. When we both work and don’t leave home together I’ll still be on the L.











