What was your last purchase? 2.0

They arrived.

13 Likes

I got one more.

11 Likes

Three Bud Heavy. Had a long long day. 9+ flight hours in a 13 hour work day. Terrible beer but just what I needed tonight.

7 Likes

Posted this in the Nintendo thread, but UK supermarket chain Tesco are doing a clearance sale of their Nintendo Switch consoles and games. Guessing they’re going to do less video game sales, which makes sense since their prices have never been competitive.

Went to my local branch hoping to see if they had any Switch games left on offer but unsurprisingly they were all gone. But I picked up the PS5 version of Horizon Forbidden West for £15, which is pretty great. Probably won’t be able to play it for over a month since my PS5 is in storage, but hey, will be nice to get around to it at some point.

7 Likes

Bought the iPhone 14 Pro

9 Likes

3 Likes

Bought 2 things about horrible monsters: Stephen King’s IT and Kirby and the Forgotten Land.

12 Likes

that first sentence made me think you bought hogwarts legacy

8 Likes

Context Time.

A while back when I was 13 my father and I spent the day looking for a specific game I really wanted. Such game was Metal Gear Solid 3D Snake Eater. We ended up going to numerous GameStops without much luck until we got to one at this shopping center in PA that had a Goodwill, Home Depot, McDonalds, and Walmart if memory serves me right. I of course got the game I wanted, it was a late birthday present. Unfortunately the game came in a blank 3DS Case with no Manual.

After years of shrugging it off, I bought a high quality reproduction of the cover that I’ll beable to slip onto the blank case.

The reason behind this purchase is to simply start putting the final touches on my DS Game Collection which consists of stuff I had as a kid and I’m excited to finally not have a blank case on my shelf now.

8 Likes

I recently checked out the Death Stranding video from Eurothug4000, a high quality video game essayist, IMO.

It goes over her many admirations of the game’s themes, gameplay, design, writing, hidden details and more. Very well-done stuff and I liked how she broke down a lot of the story concepts in the game – something that is very complex, but ultimately impressively cohesive as she describes it as a massive puzzle that fits together if you look at the big picture.

I didn’t totally understand everything she was talking about as its been about 2 years since I played DS, but it scratched at that love I also have of the game, so I finally caved in and bought my PS5 upgrade to the Death Stranding Director’s Cut (w/Digital Deluxe edition bonus)!

I’ve been longing to jump back into that world, its meditative gameplay, and fantastic vistas, and can finally do so in its most definitive version. I half want to replay the game from the start, to re-experience the intensely long story, but I’ll stick to my endgame save file for now and see what all that New Content is about

7 Likes

She’s not brand new (2020), but less than 9000 miles and just in perfect condition.

And she fits in our parking spot. Probably should have checked that first actually :joy:

21 Likes

Congrats on the new purchase! I’m a bit suprised, kinda thought you had a preference for public transport. But she’s looking lovely. :+1:

7 Likes

:crown: :dragon: :fire: will do most the driving. When we both work and don’t leave home together I’ll still be on the L.

5 Likes

Fun Fact, I love Tim Jacobus‘s Goosebumps Art. Also have a soft spot for the first run of Goosebumps Novels and the 90’s Anthology show.

But since I love Tim Jacobus’s Art I saw the opportunity to get a shirt and took it.

10 Likes

Loved the books, i remember the one were the family’s dad creates a Plant Doppelgänger of himself in the Lab in the basement.

Creepy af

7 Likes

First time I read a choose your own adventure was Goosebumps. Turn to page 7 if you follow her. Turn to page 84 if you went home bc you got hungry. :joy:

5 Likes

Give Yourself Goosebumps. A complete set of those books which is 42 in total is sought after by hardcore fans.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it was totally complete, but my elementary school library had a ton of those choose your own adventure Goosebumps books and I read them all. The only one I can still remember somewhat is the one in a wax museum

6 Likes

That is some nice looking car. It suits you. Now dress all black and pose for us :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Got myself a tiny record player. It works! And it came with three tiny Czarface-Records. Of course it doesn’t sound great but it’s fun!

12 Likes