WOA Lost Content

It definitely needed improvements, but man I really miss the old pre-GOTY (what were they thinking with the light grey theme!?) and Hitman 2 UI.

The red theme, shaded backgrounds for subtitles, kill status info in the top-right corner, and not everything being CAPITALISED under the sun; much preferred those elements.

6 Likes

The UI and level color grading made the game feel classy before. Then IOI changed those to more closely resemble the aesthetic they had for 2.

1 Like

Damn I forgot how much content they released for Paris & Sapienza. To the point people would groan if we got another elusive set in Paris.

I’m gonna go back & play all these escalations & do the challenge packs again while I have the chance.
One day this stuff could be gone forever.

1 Like

It would be different if we got a new ET now set in Paris because its been so long since we last had any new content for it. It would be different if they had released that same new ET at the end of H1’s live content run though.

1 Like

@thrison Ah yes, I’m not saying they would groan in present tenths ie now but in past tenths some would. I’d love a Paris et right about now though :slightly_smiling_face:

Escalations have also improved a lot over the years IMO, so getting new ones on old maps would be kinda cool.

2 Likes

total exp gained in statistics per map, Sapienza 400k or something, just from achievements , average map 100-200k or something.

1 Like

Anyone knows something if we can get the items lost in carryover?

if you’ve lost anything but the Electric phone, then it’s a bug, and they’re looking into it.

Electric phone they said, but requiem , sniper black covert, batwing, SA coin, and a few suits and hammer etc…

Currently, only the removal of the Electric Phone is annouced and intended.

For the others:

• Requiem pack : IOI is aware of this problem (written on official IOI site) and is searching for a fix (maybe for this month’s patch?).
  • SA coin : IOI already stated (in a IOI monthly I think) that this unlock is reserved for “early players” who played an ET during their very first run in Hitman 2016 and won’t be able to be unlocked again. Only the players who got it during this moment can get it in H3 (only with the carryover).
  • Bat shuriken, tactical suit (Hawke’s Bay suit), Santa 47 and few others : They are all tied to a seasonal content (Holiday Hoarders and Hokkaido Snow Festival for Christmas and Special HB escalation for Halloween). Maybe IOI saves these missions for Halloween and Christmas 2021 and will only unlcoked at thes moments? IOI did it with Hitman 2, releasing Holiday Hoarders during Christmas. Just a personal assumption from IOI did in Hitman 2.
  • Jaeger 7 Covert and Claw Hammer : Indeed, their absence raises a question. Personally, I think IOI makes an error and will fix it in a near future. I find this odd that all challenge unlocks are present in H3 except those two specific ones.

Currently, the sole thing that is unknown and most mysterious are ET suits : IOI claimed that changes would be done for ET but we still get no info about them. A first ET mission will be released at the end of this month. We’ll see what are the changes and what about the ET suits (To date, the February roadmap doesn’t mention any ET suit tied to it - The ET suit unlocks were announced in the roadmap of Hitman 2).

1 Like

Some of the challenges from Challenge Packs are in the game via the Assassination tab. I hope all the challenges are put into the current tabs since it seems they’re not doing challenge packs anymore.

King of the Castle from Isle of Sgail was removed, as was 3 challenges from that mission that were so crappy they got removed.

1 Like

That’s my meaning I played the beta in first game and unlock that coin and everything else, if in carryover not pass we just loose?
In fact I bought ps2,3,4 just to play hitman games.

Unfortunately yes. If you don’t carry over your progress, you need to redo everything and you obtain only unlocks tied to Hitman 3 challenges. In other words, the SA coin is only available if you carry over it from Hitman 2.

1 Like

And they will not fix this things right?

For the SA coin, IOI has officially stated that it’s not possible to obtain it anymore (if you don’t get it and not carry over it).
For the others, currently we don’t know (to date, IOI has only claimed to be aware of Requiem issue and searching for a fix).

1 Like

I really don’t get the motivation behind moving challenge pack and specific escalation rewards into generic escalation/contracts completed awards. It removes a cool aspect to escalations IMO, the idea that finishing it nets you a cool new suit or item. Instead you just put a mark on a counter and eventually get something from some other random content.

8 Likes

It motivates the player to play more escalations which IMO is a good thing.

I posted this in the wrong place but Hero of San-Fortuna has been removed. It seems most low quality challenges have been removed. I wonder if ectoplasmic has been cut too.

3 Likes

Ectoplasmic has also been removed. Weirdly the Better than Earl Grey challenge hasn’t been removed or at least the description changed to be less redundant.

2 Likes

They should have removed the ones that require using contracts mode IMO, but I see some are still there like on Hokkaido.

1 Like