H3 - Elusive Targets (ETs)

Would it not be good to run the course of ETs to give everyone a chance to unlock suits etc, then when support for H3 is winding down release all (or a curated selection of) ETs as repeatable offline missions a la the special assignments and Patient Zero missions, many of which themselves started life as ETs? If you think about it you could introduce a challenge track with this new “mission set” perhaps integrating the camera and hey presto, you have 20+ new missions with bespoke dialogue and unique replayable kill opportunities… I’m surprised they didn’t do this with H1s ETs in H2 and create new ETs for that game, and they could have followed this trend for H3. Think of all the high quality extra missions we’d have on every map, while still giving people a chance to earn suits during the season they went live…

1 Like

I’ve got a better idea. Why not just add every ET after it’s second Run/Returning ETs Immidently after they disappeared as a Special Assigment to the Locations? The Deceivers are technically a really simple ET, though I really like it and would like to play it again.

3 Likes

Maybe part of the reward for successfully completing an ET should be to unlock that ET as a perpetual repayable Bonus mission with challenges?

Making it a Reward would screw over People who failed. That wouldn’t be fair at all.

2 Likes

Someone on the subreddit said a dev confirmed new H3 ETs? True or lies? You’d think with two studios and a recouped budget they’d have the money to add a new guy that walks around a circle and talks to people at least twice a month.

1 Like

Not sure if this is where they got their story from (or if that person on reddit was just making it up), but on the old forum in the Berlin thread, @matte_ioi replied to a post from Pitman about the permanent shortcuts and confirmed that the shortcuts would remain open in various modes - including Elusive Targets.

While it’s not a direct confirmation, as far as I’m aware this is the closest we’ve got so far that the new locations will have ETs since the shortcuts are only on the H3 locations, so there would be no need to mention them otherwise…

6 Likes

Alright that does make me a little optimistic.

1 Like

let’s just hope the make it happen, I’m done with the rehash already.

Remembered your post while listening to the podcast interview with Forest Swartout Large and at 48:32 she had this to say:

We are committed to having a really solid live support. I think every week there will be something. Between Legacy ETs and Escalations and new Escalations and ETs. I’ll say that the team is cooking up some new stuff that I can’t really talk about yet.

So new ETs are confirmed!

5 Likes

I hope there will be more than 5 targets, like for HITMAN 2.
I also hope they squeeze in a few more to HITMAN 2 locations…
This would’ve been logical from marketing side to force people buying HITMAN 2 Access Pass.
I guess it’s true for H2016 locations as well

3 Likes

Yeah I’d love it if H3 was treated as one giant game.

Also I hope that means old escalations get reintroduced into 3! I just did all the escalation challenges to get true 100% for the old levels again before I do cleanup with the new ones and the H1 challenges felt a little more tedious because you’re a) playing 5 levels each escalations and b) have to play almost every escalation available. It’s way better if they give us a larger amount of those escalations to pick and choose between which ones we want to do first to get the challenges. H2 was a lot easier, I think there was 5-7 you could miss, I think I only missed 2 with 2016 and even then I don’t think ICA Facility’s count towards the challenges.

1 Like

That also gives me the idea that they could go back and give us a little more escalations for those old levels. Even Miami, which got the most escalations of any H2 level, only had 7 at the end of the game’s lifecycle. There’s already 3 in Dubai only 2 months in so I’m optimistic they’ve struck a good balance between quality and quantity. They’ve only gotten better at making escalations. I think New York and Haven are essentially blank canvases for escalations and need some new stuff. Hawke’s Bay could use one more, but Miami, Colombia, Mumbai and Sgail still have some potential when it comes to the base game. Whittleton I kinda don’t want any more escalations for because of the gimmicks IO tend to pull when that location gets an escalation. It’s never just killing people in different ways it’s always doing something frurstrating like in Batty and Nolan’s escalations.

2 Likes

Fantastic news!!! I think this will please a lot of fans because I know this was one of the things a lot of fans were eager about.

2 Likes

That would be really cool, but I don’t think it is likely to happen. If anything, it would be another Northcott, maybe his brother.

Also, has anyone else thought of the possibility that the new elusive targets could canonically take place after the end of HITMAN 3?

1 Like

I’ve been thinking it would be cool if the new ETs were the first contracts 47 and Diana take on in their new agency they’ve seemingly created - but that would be too much work for an ET since it would be odd to have them set then and still have dialogue in NPCs that are just from the original story missions referencing the targets etc.

I think they’ll continue to be set at an indeterminate point in time.

8 Likes

I like the idea of characters from previous games turnes as Et, but I would be so sad about him. He’s a good man. Maybe others. The clown of Blood Money, for example

2 Likes

@empressofpersia

There you go!! :clap:t2:

H3 Elusive Targets are coming, so take that doubt out your mind :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’ll use this topic to express my feelings that I’m certain are shared with many others.

I hope IO doesn’t do the ‘trolly’ thing with enforcers like they did with some of the ETs in Bangkok. Where guards will be positioned at an entrance to a hostile area, but not say anything or react in any way that would suggest that they’ll promptly empty their ammo into your backside - and be instantly Aggro’ed if you even so much as cross a certain line by a fraction of an inch.

Especially with them restricting the ability to restart. But maybe that’s only if ANYTHING happens to the ET, like even a KO.

If all the conditions were known for what prevents any restart, that’d be nice. Some are obvious of course, but what else is there?

6 Likes

Like the Ex-Emperor and Gold Digger who practically caried a hostile Zone with them? Yeah, never again please.

6 Likes

Just for an update to this thread!

Here’s the confirmation right here…

New Elusive Targets for H3!!!

9 Likes