HITMAN 3 - Modding Thread

Lol is just for the video series I’m making. That’s why I dont care about it being either online or offline. I have everything unlocked legitimately on Playstation. But I cant use the cam mod there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Duckilous. Thanks for the info. How would I extract the textures like the Silverballer Wooden Grips? GlacierPrimIO won’t let me because they are not asociated with a Prim model, and Notex’s RPKG tools would only export them as TEXD, and I don’t really know how to view the TGA files. Thank you in advance!

I’m afraid I can’t help you with extracting textures because the last time I did that was before GlacierPrimIO was released. Meaning, I don’t even know how to use that tool since I’ve never used it.
Even if I know how to use it, I don’t think HITMAN 3 is supported yet unfortunately.

1 Like

I meant for HITMAN 2, but thanks anyway!

Is this mod ready to be available for download yet? Now that I’ve been blinded with all the bloom and lens flare :rofl:

I will soon be launching a large-scale visual mod that does a lot of this type of work in other locations. It will launch with a slightly more stock version of Sapienza, but still with some major visual improvements.

OG Sapienza is still in development at the moment, so it is not yet ready for primetime, but once completed will be the centerpiece of this new mod.

In any case, keep your eyes peeled for news.

5 Likes

I might be asking for too much, but does any one know a way to replace H3’s menu music with H2 and possibly replace the menu sounds/look as well?

Download v1.1 for most recent version, including Bangkok and Hokkaido!

Ladies and gentlemen …

The DEFINITIVE lighting mod for HITMAN 3. This mod significantly improves visual clarity, accessibility, and aesthetic.

Completely eliminates arbitrary effects and filters, significantly reduces bloom, and makes critical adjustments to skyboxes and color correction.

Not all locations are not currently supported. These adjustments are a very time-consuming process and as such, special attention to detail is being taken for each possible scenario.

However, this is currently being addressed, and for some locations, their additions will be imminent.

FAQ:
“Why do some locations look washed out?”

Currently, Color Correction can only be enabled or disabled, and not adjusted. Color Correction is responsible for some of the extreme color filtering on some locations, but it is also responsible for adjusting contrast.

Until LUTs can be adjusted/imported separately, disabled color correction may cause some levels to appear washed out. When the adjustment process becomes possible, this will be promptly addressed.

55 Likes

I love people just slapping DEFINITIVE infront of their hitman content :joy: Seriously tho, this looks absolutely fantastic, well done. Wish I could play H3 like this :green_heart:

14 Likes

Thanks mate!

Also … if anyone is having trouble with the README, redownload, I made a small edit for clarity.

Already at a Day 1 patch. :confused: These lazy MODDERS!!!

7 Likes

Definitely first thing I’m going to install once I get the game :grin:
Also TheKotti mentioned your mod in his latest video :+1:

9 Likes

Gonna test this now.
Are you going to add the rest locations to the mod by any chance?
ICA Facility, Hawkes Bay, Carpathians?

2 Likes

Good question! Yes I will definitely be adding those locations, along with PZ and the Sniper Assassin missions as well.

The only think I will not be adding is Hawke’s Bay … because it’s already there!
Just realized I forgot to add to the list of current locations. Thanks for letting me know! :+1:

All players should be able to play Hawke’s Bay already with the lighting changes, no update required.

8 Likes

Awesome work pal. Can you add the chunk number next to the level’s name ? So that I can choose the ones I need. I’m fine with the vanilla version on some of them and I’ll wait for the color correction fix for others.

The work done on Sapienza and Haven is top notch.

Idk if it’s a placebo effect but without all these post processing effects, the game runs even better ? Hitman 3’s performances are already good, but it looks like it’s even better now without all of that. Maybe it’s just me hehe.

5 Likes

How do you want me to add that? In the filename, or in the description/readme?
I considered adding the level names to the filenames, but was worried people would not rename stuff correctly. I could reconsider this though. :thinking:

Well, yes, in many cases, a lot of the effects are disabled, and with so many effects being disabled, my guess is that it probably takes some work off processing each frame. Although, I’m guessing the performance increase is probably not significant, not more than a few fps.

I will investigate this though, the Dubai and Dartmoor changes work in the benchmarks, could probably try benchmarking with/wo fixes and seeing if there is in fact, any measurable improvement in performance. That would be a nice side-feature of this mod, visual AND performance improvement. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for the compliments too, dude. Really means a lot from someone like you. Appreciate it.

7 Likes

The finenames are fine because it works out of box like that, in the description it will be perfect :+1:

I like his comment “I plan on covering modding more in the future because I genuinely believe mods are going to surpass official content/patches”.

This is what I have been thinking for several months because of the current awesome modding community. IO devs will probably deal and fix the major, blocking and frequently reported issues, but modding is the way to go for other minors (or not) things. I just hope that the work done by IO will be enough for the console players to have a clean final version.

6 Likes

A mod similar was made for H2 that changed the main menu + song to H1. It’s possible but I don’t think anyone has made a H2 variant for H3 yet.

1 Like

Released v1.1, properly adds Bangkok and Hokkaido (previously missing from 1.0).

Updated in v1.1. :+1:

And to quickly elaborate, Bonus Missions are not separated in the files from Main Missions, this is to improve filesize and ease of installation, lighting adjustments are only separated by location.

If you want something to be separated, contact me and I can send separated files if you desire such. For majority of players, I think consolidated files is the best choice.

2 Likes

Hey guys I edited the repo files in chunk0. I set small goldbar’s ThrowType to “THROW_KNOCKDOWN_LIGHT” and HarmlessImpact to “true”.
So I expect the small goldbar would work like muffin which knock down NPCs instead of pacify them, and it really did. However the mod stoped working when I relaunch the game. How should I fix it?

1 Like

Just a quick question, would it be possible to remove the ICA logos from the trinity suits as of now?