Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

…In the cars :wink:

17 Likes

And because they are proprietary they cannot be removed. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

When you kill (pacify?) everyone in Berlin, Jiao will say this

20 Likes

This seems like a detail that should go here too. I was reading a Mumbai thread asking about how to get the Maelstrom to drink tea and it was posted that there was a way to tell within the level itself, since otherwise it is random.

This must have been something I just missed during Hitman 2’s launch and never went back to learn. Anyway, there is a TV in the Slum Square that (after some news) advertises the tea the Maelstrom would drink if you offer it to him. It changes each retry to the color representing the table you serve the tea in the Tea Shops area.

Off the top of my head, the only other random poison spot I can recall is the Honey/Sugar offer to Alma Reynard in Nightcall. Is there some type of tell for that one too?

47 Likes

if i recall correctly almas choice between sugar or honey is completely random, you can change it by shooting either the honey or sugar but that has bugged out for me a couple of times in the past to where she wouldnt drink tea. not sure if that was just a me problem though.

2 Likes

Still finding out new things, wow. Just checked it and it works. There are four different tea tables: green, purple, magenta and orange.

One thing I just found out is that the glitch jump to the roof from here doesn’t work anymore, sad.

5 Likes

Four things I have found in Mumbai

1. You can lie as Queen’s guard in some sort of group bedroom, that is in trainyard. It’s kinda pointless, as there are no enforcers around.
  2. Vanya will be genuienly sad if you kill her servant Rima. She will shout “RIMA! NO!” and then sit down and weep.
  3. I don’t have pic of it, but at some point, Greogory Arthur will vomit in middle of street, nearby enterance to construction site. People will watch him, clap their hands and cheer.
  4. There is a glitch in laundry, where if you valut over one specific point, you can jump from ground to roof. I’m not sure where exactly it is, only that it is close to trainyard.
27 Likes

All of this is why I don’t understand people not liking Mumbai, it’s one of the best map in so many ways, it’s amazingly done

19 Likes

It’s kind of unconventional in a way compared to the rest of the trilogy. Its easy to love beautiful, clean locations like Paris, Sapienza, Miami, Whittleton, etc.

Mumbai is centered on the slums, is dirty, crowded, and not particularly pretty. The level really becomes special when you realize how detailed and complex it is.

9 Likes

My reasons are quite similar to marrakesh :

The map is so crowded with NPCs and fake npcs which makes a lot of the map a waste.
Paris is probably the best map as the npcs are well divided through out it´s sections and each section is meticliously designed. You can use about 90% of the map for good contracts while in Mumbai it´s more like 60%.
Also, the map is so large and the areas look quite similar so you can get quite easily lost in it.

5 Likes

Mumbai is so much more meticulously designed than Paris imo. Paris is limited to basic map design. while it’s good, its not as meticulous or as complex as Mumbai.

this isnt meant to put Paris down. but Mumbai is just so much more. you really get the sense that they put hours of thought into every tiny detail. from the various routes up to the apartments up to the random fish at the top of the trainyard crate.

and the NPC routes/placements are much more interesting imo.

16 Likes

I easily find Mumbai to be one of the most complex and enjoyable maps of the trilogy, as you said it’s easy to feel how much energy and time that have gone into creating this level. There are so many interesting areas to explores, small alleyways, dead ends, shortcuts and everything helps make it a believable as a living city.

I don’t mind doing that, Paris is extremely overrated. It’s a good map, but to me it’s nothing more.

11 Likes

I am not a SW fan at all… But I couldn’t resist…

56t643

22 Likes

How did I not know this before?

Related story to this

I was playing Nightcall in preparation for The Politician and poisoned the honey since I’ve heard she wanted the honey from a previous playthrough. So I ran to the exit and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

Eventually I used instinct and saw that she was already on her bed. I ended up rage-quitting there.

I recently found out (from the related story) that the gas canisters in Nightfall won’t explode if Alma is still alive.

7 Likes

In my opinion, less is more for HITMAN games. The reason why I love this series is the sheer amount of freedom it offers. The clunky and crowded map is not my kinda thing.

3 Likes

Something I noticed in Sapienza’s binoculars, and it’s not a joke like the Edwards’s thing:

There are two sentences in front; But they’re surprisingly French, not Italian.

This one says “Mise Au Point” which according to google translate is French and primarily means “focus”

This one is “0.50 uniquement” which is also French and means “0.50 only”.

Things get weirder in the side; The statement on top of the plaque says “Propriété de la Ville De Paris” ==> “property of the city of Paris”.
The text being French is weird enough to be in Sapienza, but a property of Paris? Why?
And It’s not because of the Sanguine shop nearby, these are the same all over the town.

9 Likes

Patients in Gama are wearing wooden sandals, not shoes.

7 Likes

Doesn’t Paris have some binoculars as well on that map? Maybe just an asset reusual and they just didn’t change the French?

14 Likes

Omg literally unplayable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I’m probably super late to the party on this one, but I just discovered that if you give the fortune teller 5 coins in the main Marrakesh mission where he’s begging, he’ll get up, do a short circuit of the market, then return to his former shop/booth and leave a random weapon in the corner by the bolts of cloth. It was a shotgun first, and when i reloaded to see if this was some weird hidden proxy kill opportunity he left a baseball bat instead. And then goes to sleep on the mattress in there.

4 Likes